"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Deep Friendships

"Deep friendships could lead to transformation. I saw that it’s possible to transcend the limits of your skin in a friendship. That a friend can take you out of the boxes you’ve made for yourself and burn them up. This kind of friendship is not a frivolous connection, a supplementary relationship to the ones we’re taught and told are primary – spouses, children, parents. It is love." ~ Emily Rapp


I pray you have this in your life. I came across this and recognized it immediately. It didn't take long for me to say "I know exactly how that feels, I intimately know what it is she is describing."


I realize too how very few of my friendships fit this description. And that's alright. That makes sense. Deep friendships are a gift, rare and precious and by its nature, few. It is grace. And yes, it is love.

4 comments:

jamie said...

Great post indeed. Thank you for reminding me that it's okay to have just one or two close friends, because deep friendship is rare and precious and exclusive.

Mayang said...

And how blessed we are to have these friends! Thanks for dropping by the blog, Jamie. :)

Marko Crupi said...

Hi, I am the owner of a Photography blog photographymc.blogspot.com

I'd like to exchange links with you. I added your blog to my Favorites!

Pay me a visit and let me know with a comment on the blog what you think about it.

P.s.

There's something you may be interested in, on my blog started a free online photography course, that includes over 200 lessons at this link: Free online Digital Photography Course

Babs said...

tama! :)