"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Friday, April 01, 2011

Laughter

"You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing." ~ Michael Pritchard

Last night, my Mama called me on FaceTime for the very first time.

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but my folks are a bit technophobic so her figuring it out and calling me was huge to me.

We tinkered with the volume cause she couldn't hear me that well at first, but we know it's also her age that had something to do with that. She passed me on to my nephew Papi whom I teased and he got slightly miffed with me and my Mama and I had a good laugh about that.

I enjoy laughing with my Mama.

Heck, I enjoy laughing, period.

And I woke up today extra grateful for laughter. Thankful that there is laughter in my life. Humbled that God has blessed me with the unearned gift of imparting laughter to others. And yes, grateful even for the funny face He gave me, which I guess helps with the punch lines. :)

And you'd be so proud of me because this weekend, I actually have plans! All of which involve two of my favorite thngs in life: friends and food! We're covering dinner, brunch and afternoon tea, people. Get that dress with the garter belt ready, Mayang. Funny game face on!

Have a good one, friends!

(Photo credit: vaelya)

No comments: