"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Monday, February 07, 2011

Sometimes, It's Not Too Late

The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like Hinds' Feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine High Places. ~ Habakkuk 3:19

It took me a little over four years to get this off my list, but it was so worth the wait, I tell you.

God could not have given me a more delicious day to go back to trekking. I easily got to this nirvana. It almost brought me to tears. Oh how I had missed it, walking through the woods with my God.

Many times I broke off from our little group of five, but I never felt alone. He was there at every step. I couldn't believe how palpable His presence could be. I had forgotten. After so many years of not climbing, I had forgotten. He reminded me last Thursday, during this relatively easy climb. "Hinds' feet," He whispered. "Remember, Mayang? Hinds' feet".

It came flooding back to me. Amidst the cool February winds and the gorgeous sunshine, the blue skies and the majesty and quiet power of that volcano's crater, He stood beside me. And walked with me. And swam with me. It humbled me so.

(Photo credit: Storm Crypt)

No comments:

Blog Archive