"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Friday, September 10, 2010

Quiet Time

It's all quiet in the flat.

I love the silence.

It's the sound of quiet time for me and Piglet. She's in the living room and I'm in my bedroom. We're both sipping coffee. Both reading Scripture. Both having a separate conversation with Aslan.

I love this silence. And I'm so grateful that Piglet has her own quiet time. Even if that's the only thing I did right with this life - the fact that this peculiar woman looks up to me and copies some of my habits - then I haven't lived in vain. Although I know and you know that Aslan has greater plans than that for the life He's given us and the hearts He's led us to (and the hearts He led to us).

But for now, I am truly blessed and duly grateful, for this shared silence.

No comments:

Blog Archive