"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Monday, August 30, 2010

No to a Friendless Existence

"No one would choose a friendless existence on condition of having all the other things in the world." ~ Aristotle

My recent trip made me realize why I started this blog. It was to keep in touch with my friends who are far away. And that's still what inspires me to keep it going.

And I think that's a good thing, considering how I have such trouble asking for help from others. My sister Piglet says I've fooled a lot of my friends into thinking I have it all together. Which is why some of them come to me when they are falling apart and then I feel I need to keep it together for them and that feeds itself to the point that I hesitate to show my own vulnerability.

But through this blog, I wanted to show that side of me. That side that on a regular basis, only God sees. Because maybe He gave us arms so we can embrace one another. And anyone who knows me knows I hardly, hardly ask to be hugged. The ones who know me best though have an uncanny ability to know when to take me in their arms. Strange but true. What a comfort that is to me. It's like God knew and nudges someone to hug me for Him.

Or at least I'd like to think of it that way.

Because I realize that even with my closest friends, I don't ask for hugs, even when I sorely need them.

And when I am no longer in their midst, I yearn for their arms around me.

Like now.

3 comments:

bluggerbug said...

Miss you, Tats! *bear hug*

Mayang said...

Thanks, Bluggerbug! And I didn't get to hug you goodbye too. :(

I'm wearing that blue dress you convinced me to buy. Thanks for talking me into getting it. I really like it. I feel like a girl! :)

Mayang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Archive