"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Walk in the City

"Lonely is freedom that breathes easy and weightless and lonely is healing if you make it." ~ Tanya Davis

I took a walk from Penn Station to 57th Street this morning. Haven't done that in a while. Walk, I mean. After I checked into the hotel, I dropped my bags in the room and felt almost immediately trapped by its walls so I roamed around again. I would've gone further out if the rain clouds didn't tease me with an impending downpour.

In that walk, I found myself lonely. I get that way sometimes. Ironically when I am surrounded by so many people out and about, I find myself lonely.

Then tonight after dinner with my media friends, I came back to the hotel room and saw this posted on my FB wall. I got a bit of the sniffles, but my cold had nothing to do with it.

And yet, if you were with my while I worked, I was game face on. Oh the many masks we wear.

No comments:

Blog Archive