"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Saturday, July 24, 2010

God Alone is Enough

Our little choir that could and can, put heart and soul into the line-up of challenging songs at Mass today and Aslan gifted us with a thoughtful homily from Fr. Colin who quoted a poem by St. Teresa of Avila.

I didn't know how much I needed to be reminded of this truth until I heard it. Proof again that He knows everything I go through, whether or not I tell him. He knows. And He cares enough to tell me He knows. Bothered enough to make sure I get it. Aslan, you are sweetness and thoughtfulness and all-understanding.

You lack nothing, Mayang. Nothing. Don't you forget it.

Let nothing upset you,
let nothing startle you.
All things pass;
God does not change.
Patience wins
all it seeks.
Whoever has God
lacks nothing:
God alone is enough.

No comments:

Blog Archive