"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Forlorn

The parentals left today for Manila after a week's visit. Cue: withdrawal symptoms.

It was a good visit overall. They got to meet some of my close friends, which was such a treat. I usually don't like it when my different circles merge, and I do what I can to make sure that that doesn't happen. But lately, beginning with my best friend Zippy's visit, I found it lovely and sublime to introduce to one another the people who matter to me. It felt like a surprise hug from God, being surrounded by the hearts I love.

So yeah, come on in, withdrawal. Nice to see you again. Sit with me a while. Your coming to visit just means I've had a blast.

(Photo credit: angiemckaig)

No comments:

Blog Archive