"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Your Heart


"Your heart was made to be trusted. It is as strong as it is fragile." ~ G. Bondoc

Lately, I have been bombarded by kindness.

Nothing earth-shaking or singularly momentous. Just a lot of little thoughtful gestures that mean the world to my heart. An affectionate touch, a heart-felt compliment, a thoughtful sms, a megawatt smile of support and confidence and pride, tear-inducing laughter from a joke I shared.

I've been watching The Missing Piece and the Big O a lot these days. A few times with tears. My heart desires to be a little O. And these little gestures I've received, encourage me on the way to my becoming a little O. So thankful am I for that.

My heart is as full as it is strong.

(Photo credit: carf)

No comments: