"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Saturday, February 06, 2010

I Hope I'm Not the Only One..

... who plants a kiss on the envelope of her letter before dropping it in the mail box, before sending it out to the world. Wishing it well, hoping it gets to the person I've written the letter to, praying it will give that person a touch, a connection, through the miles and miles that are between us.

I hope too that I'm not the only one still mailing letters, still choosing snail mail over email. If anything, all this technology has made writing and mailing letters all the more sweet, a ritual that seems old and outdated. But comforting. What indescribable joy it is to send one out, and so much more to receive one in the mail.

2 comments:

Babs said...

nope. you're not the only one, mayang. :)

Mayang said...

aylaveet! always good to know you're not alone i say. :)

Blog Archive