"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Audacity

"My life is my message." ~ Gandhi

Where did the time go? It seems like the world has changed since the my last blog entry.

Actually it has.

Where do I start? It just seemed like the rains you know? A little pitter-patter and the next thing we knew, two typhoons later, we have floods that haven't receded in three weeks, mudslides and death and displacement. Grieving all around.

There is so much need. It is overwhelming. I have been engulfed by that feeling for three weeks now and it has not abated.

There is still so much to do. So many people who need our help.

So we trudge on. Doing what we can. Because we can. Because to stand idly by is not an option. Because more than ever, we need to pray for the audacity to be God's hands and heart to our countrymen.

God grant each and every one of us that audacity. Because we need to help rebuild these lives. Because to turn our eyes away, just that gesture alone, seems really cruel. And now more than ever, we are asked to be kind. And that is all I've ever wanted to be in this life, with this life. At the end, when God takes me, I want Him to say I was kind.

No comments: