"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Monday, July 06, 2009

Overcome

I was on the bus home today when a wave of inexplicable gratitude swept me away.

I was made aware of the fact that even if I was financially in the red, Aslan has for the past weeks sent me free meals through friends who treated for their birthday or for no reason at all. So far four meals in and three more meals this week alone.

I was reminded of the time that I was again in financial straits a couple of years back and a good friend from choir, knowing nothing of my predicament, gave me S$200 to me to use as I wish or needed.

I was made to recall the time I found a screw from the floor at St. Ignatius which I instinctively picked up and when I got home to my broken oven, tried to use the screw to keep the oven door intact, and it fit perfectly.

And I wept.

I wept because it was brought to my attention once again, how tenderly, even frivolously He loves me. And I find myself again willing to give Him my heart and every desire in my heart.

How could I not? How can I bear not to give Him my heart?

No comments:

Blog Archive