"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Monday, June 29, 2009

Singing

I was woefully unaware of how often I sing to myself until last night.

I had a craving for Korean food so Piglet and I went out to our favorite haunt for dinner. She was on the midnight shift so she'd go straight to work from there and I'd head back home.

After dinner, she asked me, "So what are you doing tonight? Singing?"

And it hit me that I do that so unconsciously that I had not noticed how much and how often I sing to myself.

It was like a few days ago when our part-time cleaner was in our flat. I was muttering to myself and she kept popping her head in to ask if I was talking to her. I was unaware of that too.

Maybe all these are part of living on your own. I don't particularly mind them. All I'm saying is that I was unaware of them.

Imagine that.

No comments:

Blog Archive