"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dawn


"I rise to taste the dawn, and find that love alone will shine today." ~ Ken Wilber

The start of a new day, I believe, should be a moment of hope. A time when just before you head on out to meet the day, you recollect, gather, breathe and pray.

Do you have trouble with hope sometimes? I know I do. It's tough for me to be hopeful in some aspects of my life. And yet, it's tons easier for me to be hopeful for others in most aspects of their lives. Strange, huh?

The thing is, just as I yearn to learn that the God I love is God of all aspects of my life, I recognize that I also need to learn that to be hopeful - to be full of hope - needs to bleed into most of my life as well.

I wonder why I compartamentalize. Do you do that? I feel maybe it's a disservice to the God I love to say He is only God of this area and not that.

So I struggle with hope, with being hopeful.

No comments:

Blog Archive