"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Thursday, May 07, 2009

This Path is My Life


"This path, this road that is one perfect straight line even if it goes around the world through the heat and fog and rain and snow, and it's my life, I keep thinking. It's my life." ~ Deborah Keenan

I don't know what it is about turning 39 years old that got my mind skimming through thoughts I seldom even entertain. Maybe it's one of those "on the brink" moments. On the brink of turning 40.

I find myself pondering a lot. I catch myself contemplating how I've been living my life and wondering how to differentiate the times I've justified my decisions from the times I practiced the art of self-sabotage.

I am afraid that there have been countless instances when I've done both all at the same time.

After nearly four decades on this earth, I'm still learning how to honor myself. The learning never ends.

(Photo credit: Andrew C. Wallace)

No comments:

Blog Archive