"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Thank You Note

I received a text message from my good friend FF yesterday afternoon as I was on my way to meeting up with two friends for brunch. He said he was happy for no reason and had wanted to just share it with me.

Sweet, no? Really, money can't buy that. Just as money can't buy the brothers FF and King's belief in me yesterday when I sang cantor.

It is always tough for me to sing solo in public, especially in church because my faith is very personal to me. Beyond my blog, I'm not really the kind of person who spews out a lot of God-speak. Once in a while, I'll interject something in a conversation, but unless it's in a retreat or Bible Study, I don't really say much on the faith front.

But singing cantor is like asking me to serenade Him in public. He hears me enough in private and in many ways, that suffices for me. In a public space, I need to remember that it's not about me. It's about Him. Always about Him. And you know, you have to block your ego from trying to take the spotlight away from Him. And I think that's why it's so nerve wracking for me to sing cantor. Because I'm always afraid my ego will get in the way of my service.

Thank you both because you are my friends, the family I choose. Love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A tear fell...

Happy for a reason. Will spill once we meet up soon.

Love ya Kuh !

FF

Ogster said...

lab u back! {{{HUGZ}}}

Blog Archive