"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Reward



This is one of my favorite yoga poses.

Actually, that's not the full pose. The full pose has the feel touching the ground.

Earlier today at hatha yoga, as we were going into a restorative pose before ending the class, yogi Erika encouraged us into it. "You deserve it," she said. "Give yourself permission. This is your reward."

I couldn't help but tear up when she said that. It was such an unexpected reaction. I did not see that coming and I was caught unawares by the tears. That's yoga for you. It's a journey within. And things that seem to be under the radar of your subconscious rise up to meet you, confront you, embrace you.

Yoga is like opening up your heart. Regardless of what you get back, it is its own reward.

(Photo credit: kozyndan)

3 comments:

Babs said...

yeah! :) nasa to do list ko ito. syempre, di pa rin na-tick off...

bluggerbug said...

I'd break out in tears but for a totally different reason. That looks awfully painful to do!

Anyway, glad to know that you're reaping the full benefits of yoga.

Mayang said...

Haha! I highly recommend yoga. The one I do is the kindest type of yoga, so it's really not much exercise. So my body's flabby, but my spirit is renewed every time!

Blog Archive