"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Let My Love Open the Door


"God wants us to allow ourselves to see God continually. For God wants to be seen and wants to be sought. God wants to be awaited and wants to be trusted." ~ Julian of Norwich

I love the Peter Townshend song from the 80s, the title of which sports the headline of this entry.

I mean, who wouldn't want their significant other sing them this song? Who wouldn't want to have someone significant to serenade this song to?

If you listen to the lyrics though, couldn't Aslan sing this to you and me too?

I pray Aslan the untame lion never tires of wanting to open the door to my heart.

Let My Love Open the Door

When people keep repeating
That you'll never fall in love
When everybody keeps retreating
But you can't seem to get enough

Let my love open the door
Let my love open the door
Let my love open the door
To your heart

When everything feels all over
When everybody seems unkind
I'll give you a four leaf clover
Take all the worry out of your mind

I have the only key to your heart
I can stop you from falling apart
Release yourself from misery
Only one thing's gonna set you free
That's my love

When tragedy befalls you
Don't let them bring you down
Love can cure your problems
You're so lucky I'm around

Let my love open the door
Let my love open the door
Let my love open the door
To your heart


(Photo credit: angiemckaig)

No comments:

Blog Archive