"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Monday, April 06, 2009

Scatter the Seeds


“You must scatter the seeds. Love the seeds. Have complete faith in the seeds. Only then, will they become all that you hope for.” ~ Andre Jordan from A Way to Garden

I read this quote from a friend’s blog (some of you are readers of that blog too), and I couldn’t help but borrow it because it resonates with me now. That is what I should be doing and that is what I aim to do. It’s just that sometimes, it’s so dang hard to do that. Why? Why is it so hard for me to do this?

Lately, my ego has reared its head and I want to make it stop bothering me. I yearn to wish it away and not to give it heed. I desire for it to stop torturing me with runaway thoughts that take me away from my center. “Stop!” I exclaim, with conviction. “Stop.” I repeat, pleading and resigned.

Just scatter the seeds, Mayang. Then sit back. You are not required to do anything more. In fact, you can’t do anything more, so don’t. Don’t.

(Photo credit: moaan)

No comments:

Blog Archive