"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Favorite Disney Song


All-time favorite is still "Go the Distance" from "Hercules" but this one from "Enchanted" grabs at my heart in a very special way. Not just the melody but the words! Sigh.

I think I love this song special because it speaks of being on the brink of something really good and true. And if there's anything I'm familiar with, it is that feeling you get when you're on the cusp of something new and exciting. Granted, it's usually followed by a loud splat when I hit the ground hard realizing it was all make-believe and in my deranged head. But I live in hope that one day - one fine day - I will wake up knowing that it's true. That it wasn't just my imagination. That I wasn't only so close again.

(This post was inspired by an email exchange with Plainjanewrites last Friday. Nothing feeds my hope like friends hoping with me, for me. Thanks for that yeah.)

So Close

You’re in my arms
And all the world is calm
The music playing on for only two
So close together
And when I’m with you
So close to feeling alive

A life goes by
Romantic dreams must die
So I bid mine goodbye and never knew
So close was waiting, waiting here with you
And now forever I know
All that I want is to hold you
So close

So close to reaching that famous happy end
Almost believing this one's not pretend
Now you’re beside me and look how far we’ve come
So far we are so close

Oh how could I face the faceless days
If I should lose you now?

We’re so close
To reaching that famous happy end
Almost believing this one's not pretend
Let’s go on dreaming though we know we are
So close
So close
And still so far


(Photo credit: BeastandBean)

2 comments:

bluggerbug said...

Here's to happy endings! *raising a glass of diet coke*

Mayang said...

hear, hear! :)

Blog Archive