"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lotus


"Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." ~ Anonymous

This quotation was on the wall in the yoga studio I joined more than a month ago. I've been going there every week for hatha yoga and it feels good to be back in yoga practice. It's akin to coming home.

I like this quotation. I read it every time I go to the studio, sometimes before class, sometimes after. Because I yearn for my heart to be calm in the midst of everything.

My ego has also reared its ugly head, especially in these past weeks after my mini vacay. Unwarranted, uninvited and plain obtrusive it appears. I do not like it at all wrecking havoc. There were times when I was able to quell it, but sometimes it just bubbles up. Not pretty.

Which just makes this quotation all the more relevant. I don't only want to, but I need to find my center. And breathe.

(Photo credit: nylon dream)

No comments:

Blog Archive