"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Recharging

I'm having breakfast after a 5k run. A first in at least half a year. The run I mean, not the breakfast of blackberries, kiwi and yoghurt.

(I love blackberries. I especially love how the deep red ink of blackberries cuts through the whiteness of yoghurt.)

I'm finally well. Nicked the cough this past weekend and actually went for circuit yesterday. Feeling more like myself, although I am still dead set on getting to a better energy level. Taking it slow. Showing some kindness to myself. Shushing my type-A alter-ego.

I've also given up caffeine for Lent. Yup, you read it right, no coffee, no tea, no sodas. It's been strangely not as painful as I thought it would be. The first two or three days of withdrawal were defined by frontal lobe headaches, but by the fourth day it was gone.

This weekend I'm planning to purge stuff from the flat. It's high time for some spring cleaning, I say. And yoga tomorrow. The one that's kind. Hatha. Joy!


(Photo credit: la tartine gourmande)

2 comments:

benjiedlp said...

no caffeine??? that is sacrifice.

Ogster said...

i'm reading this while sipping my searing hot mocha latte! hee! =P

Blog Archive