"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Channeling My Inner Martha


"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." ~ Harriet van Horne

If I were in the habit of taking photos of my life for this blog, I'd post photos of the five lovely rhum pies which I made yesterday, but let this delectable shot suffice since cupcakes are part of the plan anyways.

I really enjoy baking. I always have. Cooking too, but I have a special love for baking. When I look at flats to live in, the one thing that I must have is an oven. I don't care much for a microwave, which is why I don't have one, but an oven is a must!

And when I'm in the middle of it, I really feel so happy. I feel just content with where I am and what I'm doing. It's the same feeling I get when I climb mountains. Or when I write. Or when I'm creating mosaic pieces. Or learning a song.

(Photo credit: surlygrrrl [ELBfoto])

3 comments:

Babs said...

Sorry I have not replied to the email re: cooking. I forgot all about it and then deleted it by mistake!

I am well but tired from traveling to and from cities. Will email soon.

Babs

Mayang said...

No worries!

Ogster said...

still waiting for the next batch mamai hokay? =P

Blog Archive