"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Friday, February 20, 2009

Clicking Restart

After December's excess and January and February's malaise, I find myself needing to put a little more balance into my life because I have let myself go in a myriad of ways.

A friend sent me information on this book and it was uncanny because I've been feeling spent not just these past two months, but for a number of years now. I have bemoaned my lack of energy for as long as I can remember (yup, it's been a while) and it comforts me that there is hope in this personal energy crisis. I called Books Kino and they expect the paperback version in April and since only the hardbound copy is available on Amazon, then I guess patience is the first lesson in Mayang's rebooting.

And after months of sedentary living, it's time to move this body. I'll take it slow though. I'm thinking yoga. Either Hatha or restorative. As long as it's kind and forgiving and accepting of where I am and what state I'm at, that's what I'll be practicing.

No comments:

Blog Archive