"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Friday, February 27, 2009

5am

Ever since I came back from my Christmas holidays and throughout my weeks of convalescence, my sleep cycle has slowly time-shifted to a later timeslot. To sleeping late and waking up late. No longer the late show, but more the late, late show. I feel the need to re-jig back to waking up at 5am and getting more quality hours into my life.

I realize that I am a happier person when I wake up early. I’m more productive too because I have time to think about the day ahead and the tasks that await me. And I find I am filled with awareness throughout the day and notice the seemingly obscure more than when I am rushed and frazzled.

And best of all, I get to sit with my Father and spend proper time with Him. That really sets the day. I breathe better and my mind is clear and my thoughts are almost lucid. Lately, I start by singing Him a song (although my coughing has left my voice raspy and made hitting high notes a little more difficult than usual). Then I’d read the Bible verses for the day followed by reflection. Then there are the prayers I’ve learned through years of repetition that I yank from my memory’s databanks. Lately it’s been the 3pm prayer, but I know He doesn’t mind that I say it at 5am. He’s cool that way, no?

I have also started lists – prayers that others have requested of me. I have a list for everyday of the week. So if there’s anything you want me to pray for, let me know.

No comments:

Blog Archive