"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ramblings

I woke up at 5am today, unwillingly, reluctantly and painfully, because of a sore throat and incessant coughing and overall unease. I got to go back to sleep again soonafter, and dreamt of a guy who was so into me and we were hiding from bad people and huddled together most of the time in the dream which took place at night. He looked like that actor in the Apple commercial, the cool geek (Oxymoron, I know!). I'm convinced the dream was drug-induced although I just took a painkiller plus Pei Pa Koa even though I wanted to take Vicks Nyqil like Bluggerbug suggested in FB but couldn't find that in Singapore which reminds me to remind Zippy to bring some for me when he comes a-visiting.

I know, I am spewing runny sentences here. Not because I have a lot to say, but I guess I wanted to write because I am direly missing words because FB ate up almost all my blogging friends, except for those who make money out of their blogs, who are essentially not really my friends, but are my FB friends at least. Well, actually, only one of them is my FB friend so yeah technically, 'all my friends' seems about right. And why do people say 'technically' anyway? What's technical about that?

So here I am starting this four-day Lunar New Year weekend not quite on the right note. Papa would've enjoyed my silent state because, well, because I'm a gabber, that's why, not that you all don't know that! Hmm. Maybe that's why I'm typing this like mad even though I clearly have nothing substantial or earth-shaking or just plain sensible to say. Maybe I'm trying to make up for not talking by writing like this! Oh well. I still am speechless, just because I'm voiceless. Dang this sore throat!

Ok, I'll end it here. This is probably my worst entry ever. But if you think there's worse, then keep it to yourself, fella.

(Sigh. I miss talking.)

Enjoy the silence.

No comments:

Blog Archive