"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Out of the Woods

I feel a hand holding my hand
It's not a hand you can see
But on the road to the Promised Land
This hand will shepherd me
Through delight and despair
Holding tight and always there

Grateful, grateful, truly grateful, I am
Grateful, grateful, truly blessed
and duly grateful

~ from the song "Grateful" by John Bucchino


Thank You for Your healing, Lord!

My third nephew Mateo will be leaving the hospital today after five days of battling the Kawakasi disease. It has been so painful for the tyke. I am so glad he's well and recuperating from this.

Thank You that even if we don't know how he got the disease that there is a cure.

Thank You for all those people who were involved in finding the cure.

Thank You that Mateo responded well to the treatment, although it was such a rough ride.

Thank You that You've led me to building an emergency fund for things like this and that although it's depleted once again, we didn't have to resort to borrowing from the bank or using credit.

Thank You for the great doctors and nurses who took care of Mateo.

Thank You for Mateo's nana, Ate Risa, who lost sleep too taking care of him in the hospital.

And thank You for taking such good care of us, Lord. I am again empty-handed, but my heart is full and although I know this to be a true constant, this past week I have felt Your grace. I was in the palm of Your hand. As I am still. As we are all still.

(Photo credit: ThaliSB)

2 comments:

bluggerbug said...

No doubt He's got your back! So happy to hear that Mateo's doing okay:)

Get started with Emergency Fund 2 na. Or is it 3...4...5? Anyhoo, be truly grateful that you had it when you needed it.

Mayang said...

Thanks Bluggerbug! You can imagine how much more meaningful this Christmas is with Mateo recuperating at home.

If I can just share how wonderful it was that his doctors gave a Christmas discount on their fee (he had five doctors, Ives!) and that there was enough to pay for everything, with a little extra for the next doctor's visit on Wednesday (Mateo needs monitoring to check that his heart is doing ok).

I am in speechless awe of God's grace. Sigh!

Blog Archive