"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Christmas Lullaby


I have an unabashed, unadulterated, no-holds-barred love of Christmas carols. Year after year, that remains a constant with me. There are the traditional carols that become more dear as time passes, such as my all-time favorite "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," and then there are songs that I never tire of like "Do You Hear What I Hear."

Adding to the growing list of meine liebling (my favorite) Christmas carols, is this Christmas lullaby by Sarah Hart. I like everything about it! The melody, the words. It reminds me what Christmas stands for, what it means, why it's important.

We Adore

We adore these tiny hands come down to reach us
Come to make the lame to walk, the blind see
We adore these hands for one day they will free us
As they hold the sin-forged nails of Calvary

We adore these little feet that have not walked yet
For one day they'll lead the nations into love
They will break beneath the weight of all our burdens
Leading on a tear-stained road to Golgotha

We adore Him, baby, savior, king
Heaven's pure and perfect offering
Sweet salvation, mercy, God and Lord
We adore
We adore


(Photo credit:Sheba Wheeler)

No comments:

Blog Archive