"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Omnipresent


A Prayer of St. Patrick (John Rutter)

Christ be with me, Christ within me,
Christ behind me, Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me,
Christ above me, Christ beneath me,
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.


The past week which included - a buffet lunch with new friends, a brunch with friends-cum-colleagues, a dinner with decade-long friends spent catching up, surprising, unexpected seeming foes be-friending me on FB, friends I haven't seen in yonks asking for a meet up, and a two-hour call with new New Yorkers - they are the latest in a train of serendipitous events that reminded me of St. Patrick's prayer.

May you see Him everywhere and in everyone you encounter.

(Photo credit: minniemunkie)

No comments:

Blog Archive