"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lost


On the way home from work today, I was waiting at the bus stop when I saw a malamute all on its own. I stepped away from the bus stop and called out to the doggie and got my phone out since I saw that she had a tag. She passed me by, but for some strange reason, she stopped, then trotted back towards me. I patted her on the head and stroked her fur while I tried to catch her tag so I can call her human.

She moved away from me before I could make the call, walking the other way, not looking back, like she knew where she was going.

I sure hope she did know where she was headed. That she knew the way home.

I pray she's found. I pray she's safe.

(Photo credit: Joe-Nathan)

No comments:

Blog Archive