"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

God My Father

The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by Him, who shelters him all the day long; and he shall dwell between his shoulders. ~ Deuteronomy 33:12

When I desire to be brave, I write. Because when I write, I cannot hide.

The thing with Christ though is that even when I hide, He sees me still. I go through my routine and I still wake up early because I like spending time with Him, even if I'm not necessarily in conversation with Him. Just knowing this time is carved for me to just be with Him, and that all He desires of me right now is my presence, even in silence, that is enough. It is like He knows when I struggle and can't give more than that, it is enough.

There's a site I visit when I like to listen to music during my quiet time and stumbled upon two songs, "You Are Not Forsaken" and this one. The first song had a line that goes You are on God's Mind. I cannot begin to tell you how comforting that is to hear.

Then there's this song. That's exactly how I feel this morning. It's like when I have no words, even those He supplies.

God, My Father
By Jackie Francois

Help me to trust you
Help me depend on You alone
Help me to love you
And have faith like a child
My hands are lifted high

Pick me up
Hold me close
In Your arms, don't let go
Draw me near to Your Heart
Be with me
God, my Father

Lord you secure me
When in peace I lie down to sleep
I know you hear me
When I pray like a child
My hands are lifted high

I am Your child
I am Your child
I am Your child
Be with me

No comments:

Blog Archive