"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Friday, September 19, 2008

Simpleton

Really, I am. I hardly want anything and I reckon I am a tough person to buy gifts for because when I ask myself if there's anything I want, none of them can be bought. So.

More and more, the less I want the more I get. You get?

And the things that I enjoy - sharing a meal with friends, watching my nephew Papi draw his superheroes, having coffee with Pa, going grocery shopping with Ma, losing myself in a good read - may seem like small-ticket items, but they are big in my book.

These moments are my life. And I cherish these moments.

Piglet and I were having pizza last night and someone on the telly said "when there is nothing that you want, everything comes to you."

So true.

No comments:

Blog Archive