"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sunday


I love Sunday. It is my alone day. It is my recharge my batteries day. It is the day I take my siesta (afternoon nap). It's the day I retreat from the world and enjoy my own company. It is truly my day of rest.

There's this book entitled "Loneliness: Human Nature and the Need for Social Connection" by John Cacioppo PhD and William Patrick that says we all have varying degrees to which we long for social connection. I get that. I too have a quota on that front. But more and more, I am realizing that my quota really is different from others. And on Sundays, it is almost nil.

Hope you're all having a rejuvinating Sunday yourselves, folks!

(Photo credit: ElleMilla)

No comments:

Blog Archive