"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Thursday, August 07, 2008

So True


"She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child." ~ Barbara Alpert

I realize once again that the person who knows the most sides of who I am, the person who looks after my good and my benefit, who knows when I am fooling or deluding myself, who celebrates my achievements and has front-row seats to the rollercoaster ride of emotions I go through, is my sister Piglet.

(Photo credit: jwlphotography)

No comments:

Blog Archive