"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Monday, August 11, 2008

Just What I Needed to Hear


"Sometimes you have to redefine winning. Winning isn’t about being first; it’s about coming in at your own speed but knowing you’re far better off than the people who never ran at all." ~ Brigid

I ran in East Coast Park this morning. From Bayshore to Fort Road and back. One hour, 40 minutes (including the time I stopped running and started walking). Distance-wise, 10k perhaps.

It's so mental, Lord. I used to run this length training for the half and I didn't experience much difficulty then. This morning, although it was good for most of it, there were times when I had to tell my head to listen to my body say "this is enough for today." So I walked the last km of the stretch.

I can do this. I know I can. I just think I've underestimated the level of difficulty of the feat.

But I am in this. And I will do it. God help me when I hit the wall.

(Photo credit: L.J.)

2 comments:

Babs said...

Kaya mo yan!!! =)

Basta ako, magaling maglakad!
ha ha ha

Mayang said...

Thanks Babs! ;)

Blog Archive