"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Accident? I Think Not.


“The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” ~ Mitch Albom

I was reading a magazine this morning that a year ago I didn't subscribe to and this article struck a chord with me and made me realize that this is the way (or one of the ways) I want to serve Him.

Two years ago, He planted this desire in my heart. Well, actually, He didn't plant the desire - He bugged me to do something I wasn't quite comfortable doing. Kinulit Niya ako! (He pestered me!) He was relentless. Something kept telling me to do this crazy thing that wasn't even expected of me, that I couldn't afford to do and when I succumbed to it, I've been invested ever since and although it hasn't ended yet, it's paid me back spiritually tenfold. It's one of the best things I could've done and the goal is still set and we're getting there, steadily.

And then this morning, this article! It's like God was thinking "I think she is ready to take the next step. Or at least to let it fester in her mind and heart for a bit."

So I see the next step. Clearly. It feels right. And I will follow. My heart feels more ready than the last time. Bolder to take this next step.

One thing always leads to another with Aslan. He's always on the prowl. Nothing is wasted. Even a magazine I don't pay for, He will use.

(Photo credit: Justin Shattuck)

No comments:

Blog Archive