"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Be With Me, Lord


"I Go Crazy" by Flesh for Lulu may be my get up and go song of late, but this one is the song I listen to in my morning quiet time.

Be With Me, Lord

Be with me, Lord, when I am in trouble
Be with me, Lord, be with me
Be with me, Lord, when I am in trouble
Be with me, Lord, be with me

You who rest in the shadow of the Lord
And abide in the presence of God
Say with your heart, "my shelter and strength,
My God, in you I trust"

Evil will not fall upon you
No affliction will find your door
For the angels have been sent to protect you
To guard you in all your ways

Call and I will answer, says the Lord
Trust and know I am here
Cling to me with your life
There is nothing you shall fear

~ Sarah Hart, Curtis Stephan


(Photo credit: jadean)

No comments:

Blog Archive