"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Mosaic


Do you have those days when you're just starting the day and you find you're already tired?

This week so far has been a litany of that kind of day. It's crunch time in the office where we're fighting fires, stressed to the point of being curt with one another. Tempers are flaring and shit is flying and people are ducking. Crap.

Amidst all this, I found myself on the musicless bus ride to work this morning thinking of the time I was working on my mosaic piece. Creating an artwork is really therapeutic. You're so in flow that four hours just whiz by.

I think I'll sign up for a few sessions when I get back from this month's work trip. I think that'll serve my spirit and give me some space to breathe.

(Photo credit: dogfaceboy)

No comments:

Blog Archive