"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Drug-Induced Sleep


Yes!

After days of resisting taking any drugs to get my sleep back to Asia time, waking up in the oddest hours and sleeping for only two hours at a time, I said screw it and took Piglet's runny nose meds today at 11am, read a few pages of a book then dozed off. For nine hours straight.

Crap. I thought it would only be for a couple of hours. Four at the most. But nine?!

Don't get me wrong - I'm so glad I got to sleep, finally. But now I'm back to where I started because I slept during the day. It's like I'm back in East Coast time. Sheesh.

So after I woke up, I checked work email, made dinner, took a warm shower, ate dark chocolate and I'm writing this entry before I go back to bed again. Just took another pill. God, I hope it works.

Two things came out of this:

(1) I suddenly remembered how it felt like when I had insomnia years back and felt so relieved that I don't have that anymore, and

(2) In my drug-induced stupor, I dreamt of friends I haven't seen in a while. It felt warm and fuzzy being back in their family circle, even if just in a dream. I hope they're all doing well.

PS: Zippy and V just checked the Teo blog and laughed out loud again at the shots! I teared up a little too when I saw my shots with Babycakes. Send me copies so I can show my family when I go for my work trip next month!

(Photo credit: Odie)

2 comments:

bluggerbug said...

definitely yes to meds if that will help you get your circadian rhythm back on track!

avoid caffeine for now, k? hep, hep! put the lid on your folgers, i say!

Mayang said...

"Hep, hep!" Too funny!

So now I always remember you when I open the lid of my folgers!

Getting back in the sleep swing of things, Bluggerbug! I fell asleep on my sofa at 8.30pm last night and woke up at 4am, but that's a good stretch of sleep so I'm happy.

It's a weekend again, yoohoo!

Blog Archive