"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Curly Sue. Still.

"Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hair stylist you like." ~ Author Unknown

Ever since I made the drastic decision to get a perm last year, I had only gone back to my lovely hair stylist L for a trim.

But alas, after a prolonged period of denial, I came to grips with the fact that my lovely hair stylist who's been my longest standing relationship thus far has gone off to Sydney and I needed to find a new friend.

It felt like going on a blind date. Weird.

I went through his list of recommendations and picked one but he was fully booked and since I was in such a mood to chop off my hair, I asked my sister Piglet who she goes to and set up an appointment with S.

I was more than ready to chop off the curls although I had come to a point that I didn't mind it all that much anymore. I had realized that a lot of my women friends liked it, but quite a number of my male friends loved it (go figure). So I thought I'd live dangerously and just have S decide.

S quite liked the curls so he wanted to keep them but to lessen the volume. So he trimmed here and there (I didn't really get to see what he did. My time at the salon is usually spent reading magazines I don't necessarily buy).

So now I'm still sporting curly hair, but it looks different. Like muted in a way. I must say I quite like it. I must thank Piglet for her stellar recommendation.

(Photo credit: Bekah Ash)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... rachel, this i have to see !


FF

Mayang said...

Haha! It's the same look, only subdued. :)

Blog Archive