"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Friday, May 16, 2008

Yes


I thank You God for this most amazing day; for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes. ~ e.e. Cummings

My first godchild Ishybelly, will be marching to "Pomp and Circumstance" today, May 16.

She's graduating with honors. Getting a Bachelor's degree in International Relations (International Politics and Security Studies) and another for Economics from the University of Southern California.

It seems like a blink of an eye, puppy.

Didn't I just check out USC that first week you started there? (Ok fine, I didn't really check it out. More like I had to pee really bad and you had to bring me to the nearest toilet on campus)

Didn't I just meet you for the very first time when your parents sent you home the summer before you turned three and you spent a day with me and my sister Piglet?

Didn't I just hear you gurgling and cooing on one of the many cassette tapes your mom sent me when you all lived in Virginia and your dad was a proud member of the grocery bagger community?

Didn't you just come to visit me here in Singapore and we made fun of people ("Get out of the way, Lolo!" and "Go tell them Rasheed!") and listened to your mom snore? :)

May your life continue to be a yes, Ish. Yes to the abundance of the universe. Yes to the infinite possibilities and potentialities of your life.

I am so very, very proud of everything you are.

(Photo credit: aYomy)

No comments:

Blog Archive