"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Stick 'Em Up!


Would you be able to identify your real friends from a line up?

If only we were so lucky!

I think the litmus test of friendship is time. And I now believe that God has a hand in how one friend leads to another, even as others fade into the background of your life.

Last night was a case in point. From a group formed years back, a smaller circle of friends got together and connected in a deep, very open and intensely liberating way, giving to the circle each other and finding our voices at the same time. It was a moment of grace and I found myself filled with such honor to be in their presence. To realize that we can hold each other's hand and give each other a hug while we trek our respective paths in life. To know that God sends angels and that these angels have your back, cares for your heart, and roots for you every step of the way.

Ahh, you are my treasure, my friends. Thanks for staying in the room with me, conversing, debating, grappling with me. Loving because and despite of who I am. Know that I am here for you. Always.

PS - 181 drafts left, King King! :)

(Thanks Janusfinder for the wonderful photos you take.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee!

-kingking

Blog Archive