"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Be Careful

Be careful what you pray for. You might just get it. Be careful what you don't pray for. You might just get it too.

I feel like Aslan's on the prowl again. This time - and really I'm guessing at best - I feel like He's teaching me that my life is a prayer. That it's not just our morning conversations over coffee, or a whispered prayer on the bus, or singing in the choir. Just merely breathing is a prayer.

I have been having these 'incidents' which have been blowing my mind lately. Times when I wouldn't consider even praying for something so seemingly small and insignificant as a nail screw for my oven and yet Aslan's hears me and brings me - surprise, surprise - a nail screw that fits perfectly into the hole on the side of my oven door so now I can use it and not get my arms burned because for some reason that nail screw got dislodged and lost.

I know what you're thinking. It's the same screw. But it's not. I was drinking from the water dispenser at church because I was peeing out of nervousness about singing cantor when from the corner of my eye, I see this nail screw on the floor. So I picked it up, put it in my pocket, went home that night, and now it holds my oven door.

You can dismiss it as nothing or you can see it as something. I choose to see it as something because, really, what are the chances?

And how awesome is it that He looks after us so tenderly, that He would care about such a little thing as this? I keep forgetting that He knows how many hairs I have on my head. Now that's crazy love, wanting to even know that bit of information about you.

Mad love - He's got you covered.

No comments:

Blog Archive