"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Head's Up


Laptop’s in the repair shop. Won’t be writing for a while.

The guy at ishop could barely keep himself from scoffing when I dug out my ibook G4 from my Shopwise reusable shopping bag. I guess seeing a four-year-old model is almost unheard of in the Wonderful World of Apple. I looked him squarely in the eye and said: “Hey, I’m happy most of your clientele have the moolah to keep upgrading every time Apple comes out with something new, but buddy, money doesn’t grow on trees, you know.”

Sheesh. It’s bad enough that I feel so crippled without the laptop.

He was sympathetic after that, although he’d throw lines at me every so often, like:

“Wow, look at the battery.”

“I need to tell you about the scratches… well, you know already since you’ve had this a long time.”

Anyhoo, if the diagnosis is that I need to change, I guess I’m getting the Macbook. I hope my songs are still a-ok. Photos too. I’m concocting a financial plan where Piglet pays for this first, but shh, don’t tell her yet. She’s happily unaware. (Hmm, not much different from any other day then huh?)

Can I just say it feels really weird to watch TV and not to be on the laptop at the same time. My one successful stab at multi-tasking and now it’s gone.

But I’m reading more. That’s always good.

Stay safe.

(Photo credit: *tathei*)

No comments:

Blog Archive