"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Excrutiating

I had to sit through a research presentation today that lasted almost two "Lord of the Rings" movies strung together. Freaking painful.

To add to the agony, the presenter really thought she had her shit together. And yet she took so long explaining things to a roomful of people who already have a solid grasp of the market situation. Talk about not knowing your audience, major no-no! And she spoke like she was talking to herself and when asked a question, she sat back and let our team get into our usual no-holds-barred analysis of the data.

I think that this is at least one of the rungs that make up the staircase to hell: having to sit through this kind of presentation. Sometimes I can't help but think that these people should be committed.

No comments:

Blog Archive