"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Sunday, March 30, 2008

In Transit


Sometimes I forget how we're all just passing through.

A long-time member of the Mayang maintenance team (my hairstylist) just moved to Sydney, my spiritual adviser will be moving back to Manila before taking Masters in Berkeley. Ber's relocating to Paris in the third quarter of this year. Found out yesterday that S might venture forth into Hong Kong and I know of another dear friend just waiting for her green card to the US.

We're all just passing through. It's like a reminder that we're all on a journey and that we're all in transit in one way or another. Help me at least appreciate the fact that for a spate of time, we had a moment, we broke bread together, shared some good times and if we were lucky enough, laughed so hard our sides hurt. And if I snorted then that it means I had a blast.

(Photo credit: eman59)

No comments:

Blog Archive