"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Watching the Clouds Roll By


“God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars.” ~ Martin Luther

Saturday mornings when I haul my lard ass to hatha yoga class, I invariably miscalculate the commute time. I almost always end up getting there at least 20 minutes before the class. It gets really full really fast, so I guess it's good strategy to get there early.

What I like about getting to yoga early, is rolling out the mat on the floor close to the glass wall, lying down in savasana and just gazing at the clouds slowly rolling by while I wait for class to start. I find it so comforting somehow. I don't know why and I can't put a finger on why it soothes me so. But it does.

(Photo credit: faw)

No comments:

Blog Archive