"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Adam and Matzoball


I have this thing for Jewish guys (go figure).

I particularly have this thing for Adam Sandler. Always loved his films, especially "50 First Dates" with Drew Barrymore. I can't wait for "50 First Kisses" to come out soon! Then there's also "Reign Over Me" and "Chuck and Larry," "You Don't Mess with the Zohan" and "Bedtime Stories" and further further into the future, Quentin Tarantino's "Inglorious Bastards" which I'm not sure I have the stomach to watch, but well, let's see. Good stuff! Can you tell I'd watch anything he stars in? I even sat through "Punch-Drunk Love," and "Spanglish" which was painful, but hey, it's Adam, and that's reason enough.

Another thing I like about Adam Sandler, besides the fact that he's extremely funny, a good actor, an 80s kid who loves 80s music and is a true friend to his friends (You see quite a lot of them again and again in almost every film of Happy Madison Productions), is that he's a dog person. He loves his hilarious bulldog Matzoball. A few month back Adam sat in for David Letterman and his first interview was with Matzoball. LOL funny!

Matzoball would add a million brownie points to anybody. Not that Adam Sandler needs to add any in my eyes. :-)

(Photo credit:Dailyblogpics)

4 comments:

vickie2005 said...

Oy! I happen to think Spanglish was an excellent film! He did a decent job--it shouldn't have been marketed as a comedy, though.

Mayang said...

Hi Vicks!

You're so right to say they shouldn't have marketed it as a comedy.

Also, my opinion on films shouldn't matter to anyone! I am no where near the curve of what tips a film to be deemed good or bad. I didn't watch "Lord of the Rings" and "Star Wars" and some of my favorite films include "Sliding Doors" and "Princess Bride." I'm not in the zeitgeist at all - so if you like a film and I don't - chances are the world agrees with you! :-)

Thanks for writing in, Mom of Teocakes!

vickie2005 said...

Oy, again. SD & PB are on my list of "if it's on TV, I have to watch it!".

I actually have a pretty broad range of what constitutes a "good film"--though since living here I don't ask if a movie's good--I ask if it's worth the cost of admission!

But I feel compelled to defend Spanglish since it seems more people loathe it than like it.

Mayang said...

I hear ya.

But you know, asking if a movie's good and if it's worth the cost of admission is really asking the same thing.

Here's the deal. You get to say you hate Celine Dion on your blog and I get to say I didn't enjoy Spanglish in mine.

Peace! :-)

Blog Archive