"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Living Fully, Loving Well

"Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It's what you do for others." ~ Danny Thomas

"At the end of our life our questions are simple: Did I live fully? Did I love well?" ~ Jack Kornfield


"Our kids are gorgeous. You'll want to hug them and kiss them all the time," said teacher V in our volunteer orientation last Monday in preparation for our hosting a beach picnic for autistic kids today.

Boy, teacher V was so spot on when she mentioned how gorgeous the kids are. I had to stop myself from embracing them today (Erm, I wasn't always successful, by the way. It's tough not to succumb!) And their smiles! Beautiful, heartfelt, innocent and kind. Their laughter, precious, rich and serendipitous.

I ask God for blessings upon the teachers and caregivers of these angels. And I implore God for blessings a thousand times over upon the parents of these little ones.

It was a tiring but worthwhile day. Thank You God for the opportunity to give back. I am tons richer because of today.

(Photo credit: h.neu)

No comments:

Blog Archive