"I am large. I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Running for Jack



I'm running the half marathon this December 3 to raise funds for Jack A. Simbulan, a five-year-old boy who has first stage bone marrow failure due to a rare disease called Fanconi Anemia. Jack's an only child, so there's no sibling who could potentially be his bone marrow donor. The rarity of his disease in the Philippines makes it imperative that Jack get the transplant abroad. His parents, Juni and Babette are of modest means and have spent their savings on Jack's hospitalization and medical care. The transplant costs US$350,000. They have so far raised US$1,500.

Please help me help Jack. I would be humbled and privileged if you could contribute to this cause so that we can give Jack a fighting chance. Visit Jack's site for more information. If you want to contribute to my run, reply on the comments link of this entry with your email address and I'll email you my bank details. If you wish to contribute directly to the Simbulans, their bank account details are on the site (I believe it's on one of the links).

A big thank you hug to Zippy for leading me to this cause when I read it in his blog which I swear I try my best to understand!

3 comments:

lea sj said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mayang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lea sj said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive